The ASL Committee of District 8 strives to offer balanced recovery options for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing (DHH) by also offering ASL Interpretation at various service commitments. If you are DHH and would like an interpreter available so you might help in a service commitment, please email the ASL Committee so we might work with you to try to assist you. Options depend on funding and other variables, but our goal is always to offer the best resources and opportunities as possible.
- For the DHH: The ASL Committee works with member groups to offer speaking opportunities for our DHH members. If you would like to share your experience, strength, and hope at a local meeting, we encourage you to email the ASL Committee and we will add you to our speakers list and/or work with ST. PAUL INTERGROUP so that an ASL Interpreter could be made available at an upcoming meeting.
- AA Groups of District 8 or other areas: If you are a group that frequently has AA speakers and would like to have a member of the DHH speak at your meeting, please email us so that we can connect you to a member and can help coordinate an ASL Interpreter.
OTHER AA RELATED SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:
Currently we have two service commitments (listed below) available through OMD (Outright Mental Defectives) on Wednesday Night at 7 p.m. in St. Paul. If you would like to be a part of either of these opportunities, please attend the OMD meeting and follow the instructions offered to sign up.
Ramsey County Detox, 402 University Ave E, St. Paul, MN
- take OMD style meeting on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month
- 6 month sobriety requirement
- men & women can attend
- meet in Ramsey County Detox parking lot at 6:45pm for a 7pm meeting